Your search results
useful tips for buyers
- Prepare a “wish list” but be realistic and have a “must have” list – focus where-ever you can on the “must-have” list and anything else is a bonus.
- Talk with your bank and obtain a written pre-approval for finance.
- If applying for or using Kiwisaver / HNZ HomeStart Grant get the paperwork underway sooner than later.
- Register your requirements with a Licensee from each Agency that you wish to work with.
- Register on all the Agency Buyer Alert Registers.
- If your circumstances change ie: budget goes up or down or you decide you need 3 bedrooms instead of 4, say, tell your Licensee as then they can be sure to tell you about the properties that are right for you and not show you properties that will not suit.
- Register on websites like www.trademe.co.nz & www.realestate.co.nz to receive buyer alerts.
- Attend as many open homes to research the market and see what is selling in your price bracket.
- Be realistic with your wants and needs / and your price range.
- Make sure to read the New Zealand Residential Property Sale and Purchase Agreements Guide (REAA)
- Be organised when arranging viewing times – often a property may be Tenanted [48 hours notice must be given to the Tenant], or a Seller may need a moment to organise the family/pets and vacate the house.